Brother printer is one of the popular printer brands that offer the best quality printing services at a minimal cost. It is considered as the most excellent choice for availing the best printing services for office and home uses. Just like other IT devices, Brother printers are also overwhelmed by common issues.
There are several problems that you may encounter while using your Brother printers. One of the common problems is the Brother printer offline issue that makes you unable to print your documents. This problem arises when your Brother printer gets disconnected from your computer and starts displaying Brother Printer not connected error message. Check out various methods to fix Brother Printer Say Not Connected error message from this article.
What Causes Brother Printer Offline Error Message?
There are several reasons that can bring your Brother Printer in an offline state. Some of them are given below:
- Poor USB connection between printer and system
- Faulty hardware problem
- Obsolete or corrupter version of the driver
- Paper jamming issue or paper are inserted into the tray in an inappropriate manner
- Some improper changes in printer settings
How to Fix Brother Printer Not Connected Issue?
Once you come to know why your printer is in offline state, it’s time to apply troubleshooting methods to fix the Brother printer won’t print problem. You can apply any of the following methods to fix the Brother printer offline issue:
Check Brother Printer Connectivity
There can be the improper connection between your Brother Printer and the system that can bring it in offline state. It is important to connect your printer properly with the Windows 10 computer, WiFi network, or Router. In such a case, it is important to check all the connections. For this:
- First of all, restart your printer and wait for about 1-2 minutes until your printer is fully ready.
- Then, check the connection between your Wireless or USB printer and the system.
- In case of a USB cable connection, ensure that your printer is properly and securely plugged in with your computer.
- If you are using a wireless printer or printer with a WiFi connection, ensure that it is connected to the right network. Check whether your printer is in Solid-state if it is properly connected.
- At last, run a test print to check whether your printer is working properly.
Other Methods to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
There are some other methods that you can try to fix the Brother printer offline problem and to bring it in the online state. Few such troubleshooting methods are given below:
- Firstly, check if your Brother Printer is properly powered on. If your printer is in sleep mode, then bring it in an online state.
- Also, check whether there is any paper jam in the paper tray or low/empty ink toner.
- Make sure that the printer is properly connected with the computer and if you are using a wireless printer, then check whether both the devices are properly connected over the same wireless network.
- Sometimes the queued or pending print jobs can bring your printer to the offline state. If your printer goes in an offline state because of this reason, clear out all the printer jobs from the printer and from the devices window.
- Also, check if the devices and Brother printers window is in the “Online” status.
Hope, the above-mentioned methods might have helped you to overcome the brother printer says offline error. If the issue still persists or you are unable to perform the above steps, then it is recommended to contact Brother Printer support assistance. The technical support team will help you to fix the problem by providing the proper resolution of services in time.