On a daily basis, many people belonging to professional and educational backgrounds use Brother Printer to carry out different printing tasks. But, in certain conditions, your printing device might start giving you a tough time and Brother Printer is no exception. Many such users have raised a query to the experts as to “why does my brother printer keep going offline” and how to get it working again.
Well, you are not the only one who is coming across brother printer keeps going offline issue, but there are many others in the same boat as you. They have a concern regarding brother printer keeps going offline Windows 10 and brother printer keeps going offline Mac.
But without knowing the cause behind the issue, you may not be able to fix it. So, without further ado, let us first try to know the cause and then the possible solution to fix it.
Why does your brother printer keep going offline?
In the following scenarios, your printer might go offline and you will not be able to fix it:
- A dynamic IP address: at times, the port you have assigned to the printer may keep on fluctuating, or may not find a static network to connect to.
- Active antivirus: the antivirus you have installed on your device might cause restrictions in certain programs from running.
- Problem with printer driver: the brother printer driver on your device might not be correct, or it could be outdated leading to the problem.
- Printer offline settings: if you intentionally or mistakenly configured the settings for using printer offline, then also this might lead to a similar issue.
These problems can occur with brother printer models including brother hl-l2395dw Printer, brother hl-l2380dw Printer, and brother hl-2270dw Printer. After knowing the cause, now let us know the verified solutions to fix the offline issue.
Resolve the printer offline issues in Windows and Mac
If your brother wireless printer keeps going offline Windows 10 and Mac, then you may follow these verified solutions to get rid of the issue.
- Turn off the firewall/antivirus- if your device is equipped with an actively running antivirus solution, then disabling it is the first thing you should try. It resolves most of the printing issues and you will be able to carry forward your printing tasks.
- Disable the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)- you can do so by opening the ‘Brother Printer properties’ from the ‘Devices and Printers’ menu. The SNMP Settings can be disabled here by navigating to the ‘Port Configuration’ settings.
- Switch to a Static IP- as discussed above, if the IP of your device is set to dynamic, then it will surely result in brother printer keeps saying offline problem. Thus, you may switch to a static network.
- Disable ‘Print Offline’- in case you have enabled this option in your printer settings, then make sure to disable as it will queue the print commands.
- Reinstall Brother Drivers- if no solution works out, then you may need to uninstall the brother printer drivers completely and then install them again as you might have done earlier.
Now, we shall shed some light on some other queries raised by the users in this context.
How do I get my Brother printer off manual feed?
To disable the manual feed settings of your Brother Printer and set it to auto-feed, you need to open the Settings of your Brother machine. Here, you have to select the ‘Basic’ settings and then choose the ‘Auto Select’ option. Or, choose ‘Tray1’ for Paper Source.
How do I get my printer back online on the iPad?
You may do some workarounds to get it back online on the iPad. Ensure that your printer is turned on and connected to the same network as your iPad. Also, refresh your Wi-Fi connection or reboot the iPad, if the need arises.
Why is my printer showing offline?
You might have enabled the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option or an antivirus/firewall might be restricting the printer for performing some functions. If the printer status is offline or or Paused, then change its settings to use it online.