Brother printers are one of the common and printer brands that offer multiple features not only to print your documents but also several other functionalities. You can use Brother printer is your house as well as office. These printers offer amazing printing features at affordable prices. But sometimes, due to certain improper settings of your printer, you might face problems while printing your documents. In such a case, you have to reset Brother printer to factory settings. There are various printer models and this varies as per their shape and size, and each printer model has its own reset procedures.
How do I Reset Brother Printer to Factory Default Settings?
To reset your Brother printer to its factory default settings, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Remove all the cables from the printer. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to the power cord.
- Step 2: Open the control panel in your computer to choose the printer.
- Step 3: In the menu, click on the up or down arrow key to choose the network options. Once done, click on OK button
- Step 4: Again, click on the arrow keys to choose the factory reset or network reset option. Then, click on the factory reset option and the device will restart itself.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to fix the issues if you are using the normal models of Brother Printers. In case of the touchscreen model of the printer, you need to follow the steps given below to reset Brother printer Wi-Fi:
- Step 1: First of all, disconnect all the cords attached to your printer.
- Step 2: Click on the Menu button.
- Step 3: Go through the network option > network reset.
- Step 4: A message will appear on the screen, click on the Yes button from the box prompted.
- Step 5: Tap the Yes button for 2-3 seconds to confirm.
Once you are done with the above steps, the printer will automatically restart and then reconnect the cables.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset drum life on brother printer?
To reset the drum life of your printer, open its front cover. Install the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly at their respective place. Open the front cover of your printer. You will get two options, asking: 1. Yes, 2. No, to replace the drum. To confirm, press 1. When the shows accepted the message, close the front cover and print a test sample.
How to reset the toner cartridges for brother printer?
Turn of your printer and then open the toner access door. Press the ‘Clear/Back’ button to get to the ‘Reset Menu’. This will display various reset options for your printer’s toner cartridges.
How do I reset my brother printer after replacing toner?
- Firstly, turn off your printer.
- Press and hold the green button on your printer for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Push the toner to rotate button along with pressing the green button.
- Once the light starts blinking, close the lid of your Brother printer.
You can also reset Brother printer drum to solve some of your printer-related issues. But it is recommended to print a document after resetting the printer so as to ensure that the reset is done successfully. It must be noted that Brother printer hard reset will never be done to resolve all the printer issues. Instead, you can try some other brother printer troubleshooting techniques from your end.