Are you facing issues while connecting your Brother printer to your computer? If yes, don’t worry. We will definitely help you to bring your printer back to a working state. Brother printers are mainly known for their reliability and excellent performance, but sometimes, they cause problems while using them. In such cases, Usually, in such cases, you will get the Brother printer in error state message on the display screen and it remains as it is until any workaround is applied. Here, we have discussed all common methods that you can try to fix issues like Brother scanner printer not connecting to computer, or similar issues.
What Makes Brother Printers Unable to Connect to Computers?
There are many instances that bring your Brother printer unable to connect to Windows 10 system, Mac systems, and other devices. Some of them are:
- The loose or defective connection between the printer and the computer.
- There might be outdated printer drivers installed in your system.
- Disabled PnP detection makes devices unable to connect with Brother printers.
- Last but not least, there may be some hardware-related issues.
How Do I Connect My Brother Printer to My Computer?
Once you find the exact cause of Brother printer connectivity issue, it’s time to apply some workaround to troubleshoot all such issues. Before applying technical method, try some preliminary troubleshooting steps on Windows 10 PC to check if the issue can be solved. These includes:
- Make sure that the printer cables are tight and not bend from anywhere. Torn wires are known as one of the prime suspects of issues in Brother printers.
- Many users claim that restarting their printer and computer resolves minor issues. You just have to shut them down and keep them idle for 5 minutes and then restart them.
- Also, check if there is any problem with the connection as a disconnected cable makes it unable for any device to detect the printer.
How to Connect Brother Printer To Computer With USB?
If you don’t have the CD for installing drivers of Brother printer, then you can download or install its drivers either using USB cable or its website. Follow the steps given below in order to complete the installation process with the help of USB cable:
- Firstly, turn on all the devices i.e., printer and computer.
- Now connect one end of USB cable with the computer and another end with the printer.
- Open the printer and device management window on your computer.
- Select “Add a printer” option and then your printer will start identifying the nearby printer.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions, and that’s it.
How do I Connect Brother Printer to Mac?
Wondering how to connect Brother printer to Mac without using USB? The process totally depends on the version of iOS installed in your system. But some common steps are mentioned below:
- Turn OFF your printer and disconnect all cables attached to it.
- Now, if you need a wired connection, plug the USB cable between the printer and the hub and then turn them ON.
- Connect the printer to the computer system using the USB cable.
- Now go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printer and Fax option.
- Click on the + button and then click on the default option. Choose the device name that you want to connect.
- Once the printer is connected, close all the tabs and print a sample document to ensure everything is fine.
Effective Steps to connect Brother Printer to Mac without USB wirelessly
The process of connecting Brother printer to Mac wirelessly is somehow a little bit same as that of wired connection. All you have to do is:
- Before doing anything, note somewhere the Service Set Identifier (SSID) and password of your network.
- Locate the Menu or Settings option on the display of the printer.
- Select the wireless network option, after which your printer will start searching nearby networks.
- Select the network with which you want to establish a connection. Enter the password for the network and click the “OK” button.
Once you are done with the above steps, the printer will establish a wireless connection and connect to the Mac.
Read – How to connect brother printer to wifi?
The above steps will definitely help you to set up your Brother Printers with Windows or Mac systems. We have also mentioned quick steps that you can follow to fix issues like my printer not connecting to my computer, Brother Printer Scanner not connecting to the computer, etc. If you are still facing any doubt or need technical help, feel free to contact their technical support team.