Brother printers are one of the most popular printer brands and are mainly known for amazing features and functionalities. All you need is an IP address to establish communication between your printer and computer. This unique IP address can help you in network interface identification and location addressing. If you are facing any problem while using your Brother printer then you need to find its IP address to solve the issue.
If you are unaware of your Brother printer IP address, then you need to follow some simple steps to get it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some simple steps that you can follow to know how to find Brother printer IP address. By following these simple steps you can easily find your printer’s IP address.
Quick Steps to Find IP Address on Brother Printer
You can check your printer’s IP address directly from your computer by following some simple steps. Apply the below-given steps to know how to find the Brother printer IP address on Windows 10 or other OS:
- First of all, click on the “start menu” located on the left corner of the screen and select “control panel”.
- Then, click on the “Printers and Devices” option. This will display your current printer on-screen.
- Locate and click on the model number of your printer for which you need to find the IP address. Select “Properties.”
- Now, go to the General tab and click on the “labeled” option.
- You can see your Brother printer IP address on the computer screen.
Go through the following steps to find Brother Printer IP Address Location on Mac:
- Click the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences.”
- Select ‘Print & Fax’ from the menu.
- Now, select the printer for which you need to find the IP address. Click the Open Print Queue button.
- The IP Address will appear in the Location box.
How to Find Brother Printer IP address Using the Router?
If your printer is connected with the same network provided by the router, follow the below steps to find the Brother printer’s default IP address:
- Open any web browser and go to the official page of your router.
- Enter login credentials like your username and password to log in to your router account.
- Now, from the “local network” section, find the DHCP client table.
- Finally, your IP address will appear under the “loss of network” option.
How do I Find the Brother Printer IP address Using the Printer Menu?
If the above methods fail, then you can use the printer menu to find the Brother printer IP address on Mac or Windows system. Many latest printer models display their IP address on the main screen. All you have to do is:
- Press the Menu button located on your printer.
- Now, select the Network set up option using the buttons on your printer’s body.
- After that, a list of available networks will appear on the screen.
- Once you select the network, navigate to the IP address settings to check the IP address of your Brother printer.
How to Fix Brother Printer IP Address not Working or Invalid Issue?
Instances may occur when the IP address of your Brother printer may not work properly and cause problems while establishing the connection. In such cases, it is important to configure the router for an automatic addressing protocol such as DHCP. This allows your router to automatically assign a valid IP address to your Brother printer.
An invalid IP address appears as 0.0.0.0 or 169.254.x.x and prevents your computer from connecting to the Brother printer. This invalid IP address indicates that there is a connection issue between the Brother machine and the router or access point. To avoid such a situation, you can configure your printer’s settings and set a new IP address manually.
This blog post clearly describes the methods to find the Brother printer IP address. It is very easy to find the IP address of your Brother Printers. If you experience any problems while finding the IP address, you can contact the Brother Printer Support team. The professional experts are available 24*7 and can help you in resolving many issue with your Brother machines.