Without downloading the compatible drivers for your device, you will not be able to go ahead with your printing task. The drivers of any external device ensure that each necessary file to perform the stipulated task is present on your device. Thus, if your Windows 10 device doesn’t already have a compatible brother driver, you will not be able to give the print commands from your device. Therefore, it is more than important to download the necessary drivers before you can actually add your printer to your PC.
The easiest way to download the Brother Printer driver
To install the Brother printer driver follow the easy instructions given right here:
- Open your PC and go to the official product website of Brother.
- In the ‘Search for product’ bar, type your printer model number.
- Tap on the ‘search’ icon as soon as you enter the model number.
- The page will show you a list of available and compatible drivers.
- If you cannot find your printer driver that way, you can also browse your product.
- It is time to click on the ‘Downloads’ option.
- On the next dialog box, choose your operating system.
- And, tap on the ‘Search’ icon again.
- In the ‘Drivers’ dialog box, choose ‘Printer driver.’
- Read the End User License Agreement and click ‘Agree.’
- Download the drivers and double-click on the .exe file.
- Follow some easy prompts to complete the installation.
If you are using a wireless Brother Printer, then you need to first complete the brother printer wireless setup and then go ahead with the brother printer driver download.
How to update brother printer driver?
In case you have already downloaded Brother Printer driver on your device and you are still having issues while using your printer, then you must install the latest driver updates for your printer. you can use these steps to update your printer driver:
- Turn on your PC and press the ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously.
- This will show up in the ‘Run’ dialog box on your screen.
- In the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and press the Enter key.
- On the Device Manager box, expand the ‘Printers’ menu.
- Locate and right-click on your Brother device.
- Choose ‘Update Driver software.’
- Choose the option saying ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Your screen will now show the available updates.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
- And, initiate your printing task again.
If you are still not able to print from your Brother Printer, there might be some other issues with it. Read the section given below and see if it could help.
Fix brother printer driver is unavailable
The said problem generally occurs when the Printer drivers available on your device are either not compatible or are corrupt. However, there is one sure short solution to this problem which is simply uninstalling and reinstalling the latest edition of Brother Printer driver.
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Head to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Find the entry of your printer and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Remove Device.’
- After doing that, press ‘Win + R’ keys.
- In the Run box, enter ‘devmgmt.msc.’
- Right-click on your printer from the list.
- Choose the ‘Uninstall device’ option.
- Once done with that, go to https://support.brother.com/
- Choose your printer model or search for it.
- Select the operating system of your device and press ‘OK.’
- Install the latest driver and firmware editions by following some easy instructions.
If you are still seeing issues such as brother printer offline or brother printer driver unavailable, then there is a possibility that you might be making a mistake while choosing the operating system or entering the printer model. It is essential to be assured of your printer model number and operating system of your device while doing brother printer driver download. Else, you will have to face problems.