If you have purchased a wireless Brother Printer, then the printer setup would slightly be different from the USB setup. So, if you have been hunting for a way to connect Brother Printer to wifi, then you have landed at the right place. This write-up will take you down the lane of connecting your wireless brother printer to wifi in Windows and Mac. In continuation to that, we shall discuss some frequently asked questions to make you understand everything in a better way.
Steps to connect brother printer to Windows 10 computer
Complete these steps in the same order as written below to connect Brother Printer to wifi on Windows 10:
- From any web browser, go to https://www.brother-usa.com/brother-support/driver-downloads
- Choose brother printer model and choose the operating system.
- Download the driver for your Brother machine and double-click on the .exe file.
- Once done with that, go to the control panel of your printer.
- Open the printer menu on your screen.
- Navigate to the ‘Network’ section and choose ‘WLAN.’
- Select ‘Setup wizard’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key when you see the wireless icon on your display.
- From the appeared results, choose your network.
- Enter the correct password for the same wireless network.
- Your printer will now be connected successfully.
Use these steps if you want to connect brother printer to laptop wirelessly.
Connect wireless brother printer to Mac PC
For Brother Printer wireless setup on Mac, just follow the instructions as given below:
- At first, install the Brother Printer driver from the support page.
- Next, double-tap on the downloaded file.
- Then, open the ‘Utilities’ folder.
- Choose ‘Wireless Device Setup Wizard.’
- Then, double-click on the file named ‘Wireless Device Setup Wizard.app.’
- Now, follow some easy instructions to complete the setup.
- Choose the desired wireless network and enter its password.
- Make sure you select the correct network SSID.
- The wireless connection would now be established.
Connect using Wi-Fi Direct
- Find out and note down the wireless settings of your Brother machine
- Using the USB cable, connect your printer and the computer.
- Now, run the printer setting tool.
- Turn on the Wireless Direct by going to the Wireless LAN tab.
- Locate, press, and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer.
- Wait for a minute and see if the light is flickering or not.
- Now, choose your network SSID and enter its password.
- If you see a Blue light, your connection was successful.
Some common issues with wireless Brother Printer
- Brother Printer won’t connect to WiFi network
- Failed to connect to the device brother wireless scan printer
- Brother Printer stuck on connecting WLAN
- Brother Printer won’t print
Remedies to fix the issues
Turn off your Brother Printer and turn it on again after a few minutes. This helps to re-establish the connection between your printer and PC.
You can also use the Network Connection Repair tool to eradicate network connectivity issues. This helps in assigning the right network SSID as well as the Subnet Mask.
Print the WLAN Report of your printer and verify the status of your printer. If your printer is not connected to the correct network or not connected at all, then you need to connect Brother Printer to wifi once again.
Related questions and answers
What is the network key for Brother Printer?
If you are asked to enter the network key for your Brother Printer while you try to connect your Brother Printer to wifi, then you should know that the network key is actually the network password of your router. To find out the network key, check the label of your router.
How to connect brother printer to iPhone?
- Turn on your printer and connect it to a wireless network.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your iPhone.
- Choose the wifi option and turn on its toggle.
- Choose your printer from the list.
- Open the document you wish to print and give the print command.
Why is the WiFi button flashing on my Brother printer?
If you see that the wifi button is flashing on your Brother printer, it simply means that your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network and is ready to print wirelessly. If this light continues to blink and does not stay still, then there is a possibility that the wireless connection is weak and needs to be reconnected.
How to connect brother printer to google cloud print?
- At first, connect your Brother Printer to Wi-Fi.
- Now, open Google Chrome and go to its ‘Settings.’
- Tap on the ‘Show advanced settings’ link.
- Choose ‘Google Cloud Print.’
- Select ‘Add Printer.’
- Now, sign in with your Google account.
- And choose the blue-colored button saying ‘Add Printer.’
- Follow some prompts to connect your Brother Printer.
Isn’t it easy to connect brother printer to wifi on a Windows pc and Mac? Besides that, if you face any trouble while establishing the connection, you can always use the remedies given in this post and they would definitely help you.
Related article – Set up your Brother machine on a wireless network
Brother Printer Series and Models, We help-
|Brother HL 2270DW
||Brother HL L2360DW
||Brother MFC L2700DW
||Brother HL L2340DW
||Brother HL L2350DW
|Brother DCP T710W
||Brother HL 2280DW
||Brother HL L2365DW
||Brother DCP L2550DW
||Brother DCP T700W
|Brother MFC J200
||Brother HL 3170CDW
||Brother MFC J475DW
||Brother DCP L2540DW
|Brother DCP L2541DW
||Brother HL 3140CW
||Brother HL L2380DW
||Brother HL L2390DW
||Brother HL L2305W
||Brother MFC 9130CW
||Brother MFC J870DW
||Brother MFC L2740DW
||Brother MFC L2750DW
|Brother TN 630
||Brother HL L2370DW
||Brother MFC J470DW
||Brother DCP L2520DW
|Brother HL 1210W
||Brother HL 2170W
||Brother HL 5370DW
||Brother HL L2320D
||Brother HL L6200DW
|Brother MFC 490CW
||Brother MFC 7840W
||Brother MFC 7860DW
||Brother MFC 9330CDW
||Brother MFC 9340CDW
|Brother MFC L2710DW
||Brother MFC L8850CDW
||Brother DCP T510W
||Brother MFC Printer
||Brother DCP Printer