To get quality printouts from a Brother Printer, it is mandatory that use good quality papers in it. Else, your printer would show uncertain errors that are typically hard to remove. One such paper-related error is when the brother printer paper jams. Sometimes, even after removing the jammed paper from your machine, you continue to see this error and this gives you a headache.
But, do not get panic as this blog post will show you how you can get rid of that error at the earliest in a few easy steps. Just follow the easy guidelines given here and you can begin to start printing once again.
What causes paper jams on a brother laser printer?
Without having the background details of the issue, you will not be able to get past it. Given below are some of the common reasons behind the paper jamming issue:
- Incorrectly loaded papers
As already mentioned, incorrect or poor quality paper is one of the many reasons why you are facing this error on your machine. In case you have improperly placed the paper on the input tray, this problem is sure to arise.
- Damaged rollers
In case the rollers of your brother printing machines are facing any issues or are damaged, the issue is sure to occur.
- Incompatible or poor quality paper
Make sure you are using a good quality paper that is compatible with the printer to avoid facing this error.
- Poor quality cartridges
At times, the quality of the cartridges that are being used in the printer also determines how it works. And, most of the time, it is a cause behind brother printer paper jams issue.
Troubleshoot brother printer keeps jamming issue
The methods given below will also help if brother printer jams when printing double-sided. Check out these steps and you will surely come out successful:
- Firstly, turn off your printer to avoid any chances of burning.
- Now, have a look at the Paper Support Flag.
- In case it is open, you need to shut it.
- Now, drag and pull out the paper tray from the printer.
- Also, remove the green levers that are present inside it.
- After that, check and remove the bits of paper from the interior.
- Now, check for the jams and proceed ahead.
- Also, clear the rear side flap of the printer.
- Now, look for any other paper scrap responsible for the issue.
- Again place the flap back in its position and shut it.
How to unjam a brother printer?
If your brother printer won’t print or you find your printer in error state because of the paper jamming issues, then you may unjam the printer using the steps given here:
- After following the previously mentioned steps, lift the scanner cover.
- After opening the scanner cover, you need to move the print head.
- Then, take out all the papers that are stuck inside it.
- Now, you have to close the scanner and get the levers back in their position.
- While holding the tray, you need to pull out the paper support.
- If you hear the click sound, it means you have properly set the paper.
- Now, reconnect the power cord.
- And, brother printer jam inside is surely fixed with this.
After trying the steps given in this blog post, you will definitely get rid of any paper jamming or false paper jamming issues that were not letting you print. If you still see brother printer paper jam error with no paper jammed, then you need to get help from an expert.