There are different methods by using which one can set up a wireless connection between his router and other peripherals such as printers, scanners, and fax machines. Many individuals prefer setting up this connection through the USB cable, while some need to establish wireless connectivity. So, one of those methods for setting up a connection is through the WPS PIN method. Thus, if you are keen to know more about using the WPS PIN method, then you may continue to read this blog-post further. Today, we shall try to find out where to find out the WPS PIN on Brother Printer.
What is a WPS PIN for brother printer?
Using the WPS PIN code on the brother printer or any other printer you name it, you can easily set up and authenticate a connection between the two devices such as the printer and the computer. The WPS PIN is usually 8 digits long and can be found by going through a simple method.
Where is the WPS PIN on my brother printer?
To find the WPS PIN on your Brother device, you need to follow this method and you are good to go.
- Turn on your printer and press the ‘Menu’ button on it.
- Using the navigation keys, select ‘Network’.
- Again, use the same keys to select ‘WLAN’.
- Form the ‘WLAN’ menu, select ‘WPS w/PIN Code’.
- When you see that the ‘Wireless’ network is displayed, select ‘OK’.
- Once you press OK, you will see the 8 digit WPS PIN.
When you see the WPN PIN, your printer will initiate looking for the WLAN access point or wireless networks.
Frequently Asked Questions about WPS PIN
How do I connect my Brother printer to WPS?
- Keep the access point or the router in the range of the printer.
- Power on your printer now.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Then press the wireless set up button on your printer’s back for 2 seconds.
- The printer will start looking for all the available networks.
- Wait until your printer is in the READY state.
Is the WPS PIN the WiFi password?
No, the WPS PIN is not the WiFi password because WPS is the Wi-Fi Protected Setup, whereas, the Wi-Fi password is something that you need to enter while you try to connect to an access point. Thus, we can say that these are not the same thing.
Where do I find the 8 digit PIN on my Brother printer?
Using the ‘Menu’ of your Brother Printer, you need to find the ‘WLAN’ option and click on it. After that, select ‘WPS w/PIN Code’ from the same menu and then select the ‘network I/F switched to Wireless’ option to display the 8-digit WPS PIN on your screen.
How to enter printer WPS PIN in wifi router?
While setting a connection between your printer and the access point, you may be asked to enter the WPS PIN. To get this PIN, you can use the WLAN menu of your printer and follow some steps. Once you get this PIN, you can enter it in the given space.
By reading today’s post, it must have been clear to you how easy it is to find the WPS PIN on Brother Printer. The WPS or The Wi-Fi Protected Setup button allows you to configure your printer settings without having to use your computer. Thus, WPS PIN is something that will be helpful to you whenever you need to connect your printer and the computer. You can also use this PIN for Brother Printer Wifi setup.